Discover why Edinburgh is the most haunted city in the world by going deep into the haunted underground vaults and visiting Greyfriars Kirkyard at night…are you brave enough?
Ghostly Underground Tour
Human souls do not rest in peace after death. At least not the tormented souls, and this, your guide knows very well. Those who are brave enough to follow him down into the depths of the Scottish capital will discover the gloomy and dreary atmosphere of the Edinburgh Vaults.
You will explore the surroundings, corners and the underworld of the Royal Mile, while above ground, unaware of the bleak universe under their feet, the living are enjoying their time having a pint or shopping in some of the trendiest fashion shops. Not you. The main thoroughfare in Edinburgh holds terrible secrets in its entrails. Learn about the most shocking stories that have very little legend in them, as they are historically documented.
When your eyes become accustomed to the crypt’s dim lighting and its strange noises and smells, you will head to Greyfriars Kirkyard, Edinburgh’s haunted cemetery. In the graveyard rest (or are trapped in a restless sleep) the remains of distinguished and not so distinguished citizens, whose distressed eternal rest has resulted in numerous paranormal phenomena throughout the centuries. Your guide will reveal the most noteworthy stories before retracing your steps.
The tour will come to an end at the starting point. And if you see something strange during the tour, it will have been fruit of your guileless and susceptible imagination….or not.
- Minors must take part in this tour accompanied by an adult.
- Children under 6 may not take part in this tour.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 10% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 10% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Seniors 65 or over and students||Youth 7-17 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Seniors 65 or over and studentsUS$ 16.60
Youth 7-17 years oldUS$ 11.50
1 hour 15 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking guide.
Entrance to the Edinburgh Vaults.
Greyfriars Kirkyard guided tour
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Old Police Box (Tardis) on the Royal Mile.