Take in the stunning landscapes of the Scottish Highlands, the Glencoe Valley and the mysterious Loch Ness, with murky secrets lurking in the deep... Whether or not the Loch Ness Monster makes an appearance you are sure to be enchanted by the Scottish countryside.
Departing from Edinburgh our Loch Ness tour travels northwest, passing the imposing Stirling Castle, before making our first stop at Kilmahog. Here we stop for some light refreshments and the chance to see some Highland cattle up close. We travel on through Rob Roy Country, then over the dramatic landscape of Rannoch Moor and the Black Mount to Glencoe, one of Scotland’s most famous glens, site of the 1692 massacre of Clan MacDonald. Here we pause for a photo stop, and to soak up the atmosphere in this haunting glen.
Continuing via Loch Linnhe, the tour will stop in the Fort William area for lunch then continue, passing beneath Britain’s highest mountain: Ben Nevis. Travelling on, we admire the Caledonian Canal and the pretty village of Fort Augustus, enjoying spectacular views of Loch Ness, as we drive along the shoreline to Urquhart Castle.
Loch Ness, 24 miles long and over 700 feet deep, is most famous for its sightings of the Loch Ness monster, affectionately known as “Nessie”. The tour spends 2 hours at Loch Ness, where you can choose to take a 5 star 'Loch Ness by Jacobite' cruise and explore the ruins of Urquhart Castle.
Passing through Inverness, Capital of the Highlands, the Loch Ness tour will start its return journey, crossing the Grampian Mountains and the woodland scenery of Perthshire, including the Forest of Atholl, with an evening refreshment stop at the Victorian resort town of Pitlochry, en route back to Edinburgh, where the Loch Ness tour ends at around 8:30 pm.
Both Urquhart Castle and the 'Loch Ness by Jacobite' boat cruise are optional extras. if you choose to visit Urquhart Castle you must also take the half-hour Jacobite Boat Cruise in order to meet your tour group.
Children between 5 and 16 are welcome on this tour, but unfortunately we cannot accept children under 5.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 35% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
English Language Tour
Children (5-16)US$ 61.20
Seniors (60+)US$ 61.20
* The price varies based on the chosen date
12 hours 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Knowledgeable driver guide.
Luxury air conditioned coach.
Written translations (on request).
Entrance to attractions.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (6:00 pm) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Outside the green Ensign Ewart pub, at 521-523 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh, EH1 2PE