This day trip lets you enjoy a taste of all things Scottish, as we take you on a fascinating journey through the beautiful Highlands. Experience lochs, castles, mountains and picturesque villages.
From Edinburgh we travel west, passing the historic and imposing Stirling Castle, high on its volcanic rock, and on to a visit at the magnificent Doune Castle (which featured in the TV series Game of Thrones & cult movie ‘Monty Python and the Holy Grail’). From there we drive into the Highlands, past the lovely Loch Lubnaig and up through the impressive Glen Ogle, stopping nearby for lunch and beautiful views of the surrounding scenery.
After lunch we drive further into the Highlands, passing one of the most photographed castles in Scotland, Kilchurn Castle, jutting into beautiful Loch Awe and stunningly framed by the surrounding mountains. Then it’s on to Inveraray, a quaint small town built in the mid-18th century, on the shore of Loch Fyne. Explore the town and pick up some Highland souvenirs, or pay an optional visit to Inveraray Castle (April to October only), the historic home of the Duke of Argyll, chief of the Clan Campbell, which is set in large beautiful gardens overlooking Loch Fyne.
We now start our homeward journey, driving over the Arrochar Alps, an attractive range of mountains, with a brief pause near the top of the Rest and Be Thankful Pass. A little later we reach enchanting Loch Lomond, where we stop at the pretty lochside village of Luss before returning to Edinburgh, arriving around 7 pm.
- Optional extras, in this case, entry to Inverary Castle and Doune Castle, are not included in the price of the tour.
- Unfortunately, we cannot accept children under 5 years old on this tour.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 35% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
English Language Tour
Children (5-16)US$ 53.80
Seniors (60+)US$ 53.80
* The price varies based on the chosen date
9 hours 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Knowledgeable driver guide.
Luxury air conditioned coach.
Written translations (on request).
Entrance to attractions.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (6:00 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Outside the green Ensign Ewart pub, at 521-523 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh, EH1 2PE