Book this Royal Edinburgh Ticket and enjoy the best of the Scottish capital city for 48 hours. Visit the Castle, the Royal Yacht and the Palace on a hop-on hop-off tourist bus.
Royal Edinburgh Ticket
The attractions included in the Royal Edinburgh ticket are the following:
- Edinburgh Castle
- Royal Yacht Britannia
- Holyroodhouse Palace
- Unlimited journeys on the three Edinburgh tourist bus routes
You can view the tourist bus route map at this link: Edinburgh tourist map routes and stops.
How it Works
The duration of the card's validity begins on the day it's first used. From that moment on you can use it for the next 48 hours. For example, if you activate the Royal Edinburgh Ticket on a Monday at 12 pm, it'll be valid until 11:59 am on Wednesday.
To enjoy the benefits of the Royal Edinburgh Ticket, you'll have to redeem the voucher at the St. Andrew Square tourist bus stop.
- Edinburgh Castle is open Monday to Sunday. October to March 9:30 am - 4 pm; April to September 9:30 am to 5 pm.
- Royal Yacht Britannia is open Monday to Sunday. January to March 10 am - 3:30 pm; April to October 9:30 am - 4:30 pm; November to December 10 am - 3:30 pm.
- Holyroodhouse Palace is open Monday to Sunday. November to March 9:30 am - 4:30 pm with final entry at 3:15 pm; April to October 9:30 am - 6 pm with final entry at 4:30 pm. It closes every Tuesday and Wednesday, except from July 9 to September 30, when it'll be open every day. It'll also be closed on Friday, April 7, Saturday, May 6, May 18-27, and June 29 - July 8. No cash refunds or alternatives are offered when the palace is closed.
- The Edinburgh Tour and Majestic Tour bus routes operate from Monday to Sunday 9:05 am - 5:50 pm, and the City Sightseeing Edinburgh bus route 9 am - 6 pm.
Please note that these timetables are flexible and may be subject to change.
Seniors 60+US$ 69.80
Children 5-15US$ 40.90
Children under 5Free
Entry to Edinburgh Castle
Entry to Holyroodhouse Palace
Entry to Royal Yacht Britannia
48 hour ticket for the three Edinburgh tourist bus routes
When to book?
You can book up to the start time, as long as there are places remaining. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Type of voucher
Electronic. Show the voucher on your phone.
Varies according to the attraction included.
All services published on Civitatis are carried out in accordance with our Sustainability Code.
No printing of documentation required.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us .
St. Andrew Square