Make the most of your stay in Edinburgh to visit charming locations with this St. Andrews & Fife's Fishing Villages Day Trip. Explore the famous golfing town and quaint coastal towns.
St. Andrews & Fife's Fishing Villages Day Trip
At 9 am we'll depart from the meeting point indicated and leave Edinburgh crossing the famous Forth Bridge towards Fife. We'll pass through the picturesque village of Aberdour and then continue on to the East Neuk of Fife. This coastal area is one of Scotland's hidden gems and its small harbours were once the heart of the country's East coast fishing trade.
As we make our way along the coast through this charming corner of Fife, we'll stop in Anstruther, where we'll find the Scottish Fisheries Museum. Next, we'll make our way to Pittenweem, Crail and St. Monans. These villages were once important fishing centres for trade in the area.
Following on, we'll arrive in St. Andrews where you can enjoy three hours of free time to have lunch and wander around the quaint cobbled streets and the medieval facades. You'll see where Prince William met Kate Middleton at the oldest university in Scotland, the impressive cathedral and the symbolic golf course.
Afterwards, we'll return to Edinburgh. As we make our way back we'll travel across the Lomond hills to make a stop in Falkland. This delightful village was the setting for the Outlander series. You'll spot another famous setting as we head down to Loch Leven, where a scene for Mary Queen of Scot's was filmed. Our last stop before arriving in Edinburgh will be South Queensferry.
We'll arrive back in Edinburgh at 5:45 pm.
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 5 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 35% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Adult (17-59)US$ 53.50
Senior (60+)US$ 51
Students (with valid ID)US$ 51
Child (5-16)US$ 51
* The price varies based on the chosen date
8 hours 45 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Experienced driver and guide.
Modern, air conditioned coach.
Digital translations available to download.
Entrance to attractions.
Food and drink.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Yes (most areas are accessible).
Green Ensign Ewart Pub, Edinburgh