If you're arriving in the Scottish capital by cruise, don't miss the opportunity to immerse yourself in the city's history with this Edinburgh Shore Excursion. Explore the key monuments including Holyrood House, the Royal Mile and the Castle.
Edinburgh Shore Excursion
At 9:30 am we'll meet at Hawes Pier, South Queensferry in Edinburgh to start the tour around Edinburgh taking us around the city centre, the Old Town streets and even catching the impressive views of the capital from Arthur's Seat.
We'll make our way along the Royal Mile towards Edinburgh Castle. Here you'll have the option to step inside the historic building, named the UK's best heritage attraction in 2014, where you'll see the Stone of Destiny and the traditional crowning seat.
Afterwards, you'll have free time for refreshments and the tour will head to Castlehill. Here we'll find the oldest street in the city, just off of the Royal Mile, which hides further important points of interest including St Giles' Cathedral.
Our next stop will be the Palace of Holyrood House, the British Royal Family's official residence in Scotland. You'll have the opportunity to tour inside the home of Mary, Queen of Scots. We'll continue on to New Town, full of impressive architecture and charming streets.
The tour will end at 5 pm, arriving back at the port.
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 5 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 35% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Over 60 years old||Children between 5 and 16 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Over 60 years oldUS$ 64
Children between 5 and 16 years oldUS$ 64
7 hours 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Port pick up and drop off.
English speaking expert guide.
Modern, air conditioned coach.
Entry or admissions fees such as Edingburgh castle (£ 17 (US$ 22.20) adults, £ 13 (US$ 17) senior, £ 10.20 (US$ 13.30) children) and Holyrood Palace.
Tip or gratuity.
Food and drinks.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (6:30 am local time) if there are still places available.
Te enviaremos un bono que podrás mostrar en tu móvil para realizar la actividad.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Yes (only for folding wheelchairs).
South Queensferry Pier: Hawes Pier, South Queensferry, Edinburgh EH30 9TB