See the very north of Scotland, where the winds whip the wild edge of the United Kingdom. We'll also see highlands highlights such as Loch Ness, Ben Nevis, Loch Lomond and more.
Tour of Skye and the Highlands
From Edinburgh, our Isle of Skye tour will head west to collect our Glasgow passengers and then make its first stop in the picturesque village of Luss, on the banks of Loch Lomond, part of the Trossachs National Park.
Then travelling northwards we'll pass through Rannoch Moor, with its typically Scottish misty and mysterious atmosphere, and Glen Coe Valley whose dramatic landscape is matched by its history: site of the 1692 massacre of the Macdonald Clan.
After lunch in the Fort William area, our Isle of Skye tour will pause for photos at Britain’s highest mountain, Ben Nevis, then stop to admire Glen Garry and the stunning Five Sisters of Kintail mountain range. The legend states that of seven sisters, daughters of a local farmer, two married a pair of brothers visiting the area. They promised to send back their other five brothers to marry the rest, but nobody returned, and the five were turned into the peaks of the mountain range, in order to preserve their beauty as they waited.
Our travel for the day ends in the charming village of Portree, on the Isle of Skye, where we'll check into our accommodation.
After breakfast, the Isle of Skye tour will depart Portree to tour this isolated and spectacular island - options include Dunvegan Castle, or a trip to Uig and a stop to visit Flora MacDonald’s grave and the unique Black Houses, where the Scottish Highlanders.
We continue our journey where we can view Duntulm Castle, standing ruined and evocative against the ravages of the Atlantic, take photos of Kilt Rock (sheer cliffs said to look like the Scottish item of clothing) and perhaps enjoy a walk up to Lealt Falls, one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Scotland.
The day then ends with the opportunity to admire the Old Man of Storr before we return to Portree.
We commence our descent via the much-admired Eilean Donan Castle, the backdrop for the movie, ‘Highlander’; then move on to the lovely loch-side village of Fort Augustus for lunch and views of Loch Ness (and perhaps even a quick glimpse of its most famous resident...).
The Isle of Skye tour continues south over Laggan and the Grampian mountains with our last stop, for refreshments, in the Victorian resort town of Pitlochry, before returning to Edinburgh, where our Isle of Skye tour terminates.
All packages are Bed and Breakfast only, and we use many different accommodation providers: it's a small island with limited availability. All are based in Portree. Breakfast is included, but no other meals are.
- If the 3 day Isle of Skye tour has no Glasgow pick-ups it will travel from Edinburgh via Stirling and will not visit Loch Lomond but offer an alternative route.
- All the featured castles are open between April and October - with alternatives offered between October and March which may alter the route.
- Dunvegan Castle and Eilean Donan Castle are optional extras on the tour, with payment on the day.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 35% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
3 Day Skye Tour Single Room
Seniors over 60 years oldUS$ 207.10
Children between 5 and 16 years oldFree
3 Day Skye Tour Double or Twin Room
Seniors over 60 years oldUS$ 182.20
Children between 5 and 16 years oldFree
* The price varies based on the chosen date
The tour is exclusively in English.
Transport in a luxury air conditioned coach.
Bed and breakfast accommodation.
Entrance to attractrions.
Food and drink.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 5 days before (Edinburgh local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
Outside the green Ensign Ewart pub, at 521-523 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh, EH1 2PE