It is no coincidence that in Edinburgh you can take a course in Parapsychology. The Scottish capital is famously haunted and there have been countless sightings of ghosts and phantoms.
Ghost Tour of Edinburgh
Wars, murders, witch burnings, and many other gruesome periods throughout Edinburgh's history have made it a notoriously haunted city.
This walking tour will take you away from the traditional routes through the city and into the dark corners which hide Edinburgh's most sinister secrets.
During the tour, we will reveal all the spooky stories:
- Who was Mr. Chisley? Why did the inhabitants fear his right arm?
- What happened to suspected witches in the 16th Century? What was the test to find out if they were a real witch or not?
- Why is it said that in Edinburgh you can get away with murder?
- Is the famous Castle haunted? Where is the most haunted graveyard?
- What are those strange figures appearing in the background of the photos you take?
- Which is the bloodiest bridge in Edinburgh? How can a railway line save lives?
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protective material and safety to help avoid the spread of Covid-19.
|Adults||Students||Children Under 13 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children Under 13 years oldFree
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (11:00 pm) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
130 High Street by Tron Kirk