It is no coincidence that in Edinburgh you can take a course in Parapsychology. The Scottish capital is famously haunted and there have been countless sightings of ghosts and phantoms.
Ghost Tour of Edinburgh
Wars, murders, witch burnings, and many other gruesome periods throughout Edinburgh's history have made it a notoriously haunted city.
This walking tour will begin on Edinburgh's High Street (Royal Mile) and will take you away from the traditional routes through the city and into the dark corners which hide Edinburgh's most sinister secrets.
During the tour, we will reveal all the spooky stories:
- Who was Mr. Chisley? Why did the inhabitants fear his right arm?
- What happened to suspected witches in the 16th Century? What was the test to find out if they were a real witch or not?
- Why is it said that in Edinburgh you can get away with murder?
- Is the famous Castle haunted? Where is the most haunted graveyard?
- What are those strange figures appearing in the background of the photos you take?
- Which is the bloodiest bridge in Edinburgh? How can a railway line save lives?
|Adults||Children Under 13 years old||Children Under 5 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children Under 13 years oldUS$ 6
Children Under 5 years oldFree
Please check local restrictions before traveling. All of our services comply with recommendations to avoid the spread of Covid-19.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 18 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Type of voucher
Electronic. Show the voucher on your phone.
Not wheelchair accessible.
All services published on Civitatis are carried out in accordance with our Sustainability Code.
No printing of documentation required.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
130 High Street (Royal Mile), at the corner of Stevenlaw's Close