Discover the secrets of Scotch whisky on this tour of the Dewar's and Deanston distilleries from Edinburgh. The ideal excursion for any whisky lover!
Whisky Distillery Tour
Having met up at 8:45 am at 521 Lawnmarket in Edinburgh, we'll set off by bus to Aberfeldy ready to discover all there is to know about the quintessential Scottish drink: whisky.
After around a two hour drive, we'll reach Dewar's Distillery, famous for making Highland malt whisky by hand since 1898. We'll spend two hours touring the facilities to learn all about the whisky production process, enjoying a whisky and chocolate tasting for the finishing touch on the visit.
We'll then head to the town of Aberfeldy where you'll have free time to get your own lunch and to explore the streets of this charming Scottish village at your own pace.
Meeting back up again, we'll make our way to the next distillery by bus. Located on the banks of the River Teith, Deanston Distillery has been making whisky since 1960. Before then, this historic building was a cotton factory for over 180 years! We'll enjoy another whisky tasting here.
Before making the return journey to Edinburgh, we'll make a very special stop. If you're a fan of Outlander or Game of Thrones, you'll love taking photos at Doune Castle and imagining yourself in one of these famous TV series!
At the end of the tour, we'll drop you back off at the original departure point in Edinburgh for 6:30 pm.
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 5 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 35% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Seniors over 60 years oldUS$ 48.40
Children between 5 and 16 years oldUS$ 48.40
* The price varies based on the chosen date
9 hours 45 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Transport by bus.
English speaking guide.
Tasting at Dewar's Distillery: £ 23 (US$ 30) per person.
Tasting at Deanston Distillery: £ 13 (US$ 17) per person.
Food and drink.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 3 days before (Edinburgh local time) if there are still places available.
Te enviaremos un bono que podrás mostrar en tu móvil para realizar la actividad.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Yes (only for folding wheelchairs).